Completion of the programme will support you in your leadership of a culture of R&I within your service and increase your services engagement with and contribution to organisational and regional R&I agendas. By participating in this programme you will:
- Develop your knowledge & understanding of national, regional and organisational R&I agendas
- Explore and increase your understanding of how organisational cultures are formed and shaped by leaders
- Explore and develop skills and expertise to facilitate and lead cultures of R&I
- Spend time with a commercial sector organisation to explore how R&I is facilitated within this sector and transferable skills and expertise
- Have the opportunity to develop and benefit from a community of practice within your health economy with the potential to become self-sustaining.
Who is the programme for?
The programme is aimed at service leaders within Cumbria and Lancashire LWEG health economy working at band 8a and above.
What is involved?
The programme comprises:
- 4 inter-linked one day workshops (1 per month)
- An external organisational visit organised in collaboration with North West Coast Academic Health Science Network.
The programme will utilise a range of methods with an emphasis on experiential learning and will include factually based content, external speakers and interactive group work.
Some work will be set prior to and during the programme to enable you to situate your learning within organisational and service contexts.
The programme is free of charge and will run in 3 locations in Cumbria and Lancashire starting in November 2014.