Post-Doctoral Bridging Award
Applications now open.
Closing Date: 5pm, 19th August 2022
The post-doctoral bridging award is for those who hold a PhD (or are due to complete immediately before commencement of the scheme) and want to develop research careers whilst continuing with their clinical practice and clinical development. The award is designed to support those intending to apply for the HEE ICA Clinical Lectureship Scheme (CL) or equivalent.
It offers a grant to the applicant’s employing NHS Trust based on 50% of the applicants contracted NHS hours up to a maximum of £34,000 to support an applicant to spend time developing a fellowship application. The grant will cover salary backfill costs, training modules and travel expenses. Other costs may also include;
- Visiting research institutes both in the UK and internationally in order to establish networks.
- Attendance at conferences and presenting work.
- Writing up and publishing research papers.
- Training and leadership skills enhancement where appropriate.
- To support the research programme.
- Salary support to cover study time and preparation of fellowship application
For specific enquiries regarding the Post-doctoral Bridging Scheme please contact Jo Simpson.
Download your application form, guidance notes and employer/manager guidance.
For examples of how the ICA programme has transformed healthcare please download the AUKUH report here.