What is the North West People in Research Forum?
The North West People in Research Forum was an organisation which was devoted to support patient and public involvement (PPI) and public engagement (PE) in health research in the North West.
We aimed to:
- support researchers to involve and engage patients and the public
- support patients and members of the public who are, or wish to become, involved in health research
- share learning about PPI and PE in research
- form a link between researchers and patients/public
- raise awareness about health research in the Region and opportunities to get involved.
We supported existing initiatives as well as developing new ones. The Forum worked across the North West – Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside, and Cheshire.
What did it do?
The Forum was set up in October 2010, and we are proud of what it achieved in the years before its closing in 2018. You can watch the celebration film where we talk about our experiences of the NWPiRF below:
Visit us here: http://www.northwestpeopleinresearchforum.org