Are you a Nurse, Midwife or Allied Health Professional with a passion for research?
Do you have the drive and ambition to be a future research leader?
*North West Coast and Greater Manchester regions only*
Please note: cohort 3 has now commenced and we are no longer accepting applications this year
To read all about the programme, see all information below:
NIHR CRN North West Coast and Greater Manchester invites nurses, midwives and allied health professions* with an interest in research to join this innovative and unique 12-month early career researcher development pathway programme.
We are looking for 30 enthusiastic and committed health care professionals, educated to degree level who are employed by CRN partner organisations within the North West Coast and Greater Manchester footprint and who can demonstrate a significant interest and commitment to health and social care research and an ambition to become a research leader.
You will need full support from your employing organisation, agreement to two study days per month over 12 months and agreement for one two-hour coaching session each month. (Full details on how to apply can be found at the bottom of the page)
This course aims:
- To understand the drivers, policy context and value of research in the NHS and across the NIHR CRNs NWC & GM regions.
- To understand the role of the NIHR local CRNs and how to involve patients and organisations in research.
- To ensure the development of the knowledge, intellectual abilities, and methodologies to do and lead research.
- To understand how to engage and influence others to ensure the wider impact of research.
- To understand the factors/dimensions that create and enable leadership in research.
- Develop the personal qualities and approach to be an effective researcher.
- Have knowledge of the standards, requirements, and professionalism to do research.
- To identify and fulfil personal development needs/learning outcomes.
- To create a personal network that will progress and promote the research leadership journey.
- To engage with current Principal and Chief Investigators in the region and understand their role and its impact.
- To develop reflective practice skills.
- To develop aspirational goals and an initial 3-year career plan to achieve leadership potential.
The programme is led by NHS Research and Development North West, which includes local CRN teams, leadership coaches, organisational development experts, facilitators and a range of visiting speakers who will cover specialist topics. The programme is part of a Level 7, (20 credit) M Level module within the University of Liverpool. You will be expected to complete two academic assignments as part of the module and there will be further work/ reading expected outside of the workshops, which also includes some time spent within local CRN core teams.
*Please note: This includes Pharmacists, Psychologists, Scientists, Social Workers, and those also working in and outside the hospital setting.
Places are now full for cohort 3. If you are interested in this programme and would like to be made aware of the next intake, please click here
Celebration Event 2022 Cohort 2!
A full evaluation of the programme from 2021 – 2022 has now been completed by Kate Bulpin and can be viewed by clicking here
A full evaluation of the programme from 2019 – 2021 has now been completed by Sue Roberts and can be viewed by clicking here
To read some of the fantastic feedback we have had from 2021/2022 members, please click here
For more information on the programme and previous cohorts please visit our ARCHIVE.
For any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Leanne Gregory – email@example.com