Are you a Nurse, Midwife or Allied Health Professional with a passion for research?
Do you have the drive and ambition to be a future research leader?
Apply now to join the NIHR CRN NWC Early Career Researcher Development Pathway
(Open to people in the North West Coast region only)
NIHR CRN NWC invites nurses, midwives and allied health professions with an interest in research to join this innovative and unique 12-month early career researcher development pathway programme.
We are looking for 25 enthusiastic and committed health care professionals, educated to degree level who are employed by CRN NWC partner organisations within the North West Coast footprint and who can demonstrate a significant interest and commitment to health and social care research.
You will need full support from your employing organisation and agreement to two study days per month over 12 months.
This course aims:
- To understand the drivers, policy context and value of research in the NHS and across the NWC Region.
- To ensure the development of the knowledge, intellectual abilities and methodologies to do and lead research.
- To understand how to engage and influence others to ensure the wider impact of research.
- To understand the factors/dimensions that create and enable leadership in research.
- Develop personal qualities and approach to be an effective researcher.
- Have knowledge of the standards, requirements and professionalism to do research
- To identify and fulfil personal development needs/learning outcomes
- To create a personal network that will progress and promote the research leadership journey.
- To engage with current Principal and Chief Investigators in the NWC region and understand their role and its impact.
- To develop reflective practice skills
- To develop aspirational goals and an initial 3-year career plan to achieve leadership potential.
The programme is a 12-month course delivered over 10 days (please see dates below in pink)
The programme will embrace a blended learning approach with homework, assignments, mentoring and practical placements that will ensure that all relevant content is covered during the 12-month period.
The programme is lead by NHS Research and Development North West, which includes leadership coaches, organisational development experts, facilitators and a range of visiting speakers who will cover specialist topics.
The closing date for applications is Monday 22nd March 2021
Interview date – 22nd & 23rd April 2021
Programme launch – 17th & 18th June 2021
Workshop dates for 2020:
20th January 2022
24th February 2022
24th March 2022 (Celebration Event)
For more information on eligibility criteria and programme content, please click here for the programme outline
To download an application pack, please click here
For any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the programme lead – Gillian Southgate – firstname.lastname@example.org