Health Education England / NIHR BRIDGING SCHEME
Are you a Nurse, Midwife, Allied Health Professional, Pharmacist or Healthcare Scientist?
Have you completed or are about to complete a masters level degree or a PhD?
Could you be looking to undertake a PhD or a post-doctoral level fellowship?
Do you want to make a difference through undertaking high quality clinical research?
The development of research capability and capacity for the Integrated Clinical Professions is an important priority. To support this, HEE with the support of NHS R&D North West has launched applications for the Health Education England / NIHR BRIDGING SCHEME within the North of England. The HEE/NIHR ICA bridging scheme offers a 12 month post-doctoral programme with an individual award of up to £34,000 and up to £10,000 for the 6 month pre-doctoral programme. It is envisaged that the award will contribute towards salary backfill costs, training modules, travel expenses and access to high quality academic mentorship.
Awardees will be released for 50% of their contracted hours to focus on the development of their research career and work towards a successful NIHR fellowship application. The programme will provide ;-
- A dedicated period within which to develop your research proposal to form the basis of an application for an HEE /NIHR ICA doctoral or postdoctoral fellowship or alternative.
- An opportunity for you to assess your current levels of ‘researcher’ skills and competence allowing you to identify, plan and commence your developmental activity.
- Access to academic and clinical environments that will encourage you to develop creativity and originality in research design and delivery.
- Engagement with advanced research techniques and knowledge specific to your proposed research.
- Enhancement of your personal development of written, oral presentation and other communicative abilities required by clinical academic researchers.
- The opportunity to widen your research network links at regional, national and potentially international level.
- Development of the skills and knowledge required for you to become investigators and research leaders of the future.
In order to be eligible for the pre-doctoral level bridging scheme, individuals who work within the Integrated Clinical Academic professions must hold a Master’s level qualification (or evidence of postgraduate study at Level 7).
In order to be eligible for the post-doctoral scheme, individuals who work within the Integrated Clinical Academic professions must have completed or are about to complete a PhD and are looking to apply for a post-doctoral fellowship.
Applicants must also be employed by a provider of health and/or care services that is providing at least 50% of its services free at the point of delivery. The applicant must also be spending at least 50% of their current role delivering health and/or care services which are free at the point of delivery.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 17th September and interviews will be held on Monday 15th October in Leeds.
The programme for pre doctoral will commence with a one and a half day residential workshop in Leeds mid November 2018 and the post doctoral programme will commence in January 2019.
For details regarding the eligibility criteria please click here.
For an application form please contact email@example.com