What is the North West People in Research Forum?
The North West People in Research Forum is a new organisation which is devoted to supporting patient and public involvement (PPI) and public engagement (PE) in health research in the North West.
We aim to:
- support researchers to involve and engage patients and the public
- support patients and members of the public who are, or wish to become, involved in health research
- share learning about PPI and PE in research
- form a link between researchers and patients/public
- raise awareness about health research in the Region and opportunities to get involved.
We support existing initiatives as well as developing new ones. The Forum works across the North West – Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside, and Cheshire.
What does it do?
The Forum is new – it was set up in October 2010, so we are only just beginning work.
Our first priorities are to:
- organise meetings and events where learning about PPI and PE can be shared
- develop a web resource so that people can share experience, learn and make links online
- help to develop training about PPI and PE, for researchers and for patients and the public
Visit us here: http://www.northwestpeopleinresearchforum.org