Who are NHS R&D NW? What do we do?
NHS Research & Development North West are a core team of health and education professionals sharing over 80 years of combined experience. We work closely with a cherry- picked list of over thirty associates, whose specialisms range from all things creative to scientific, to make sure we always bring the right people together to make a project happen.
Our main goal is to provide strategic support to build research, development, and innovation capacity throughout health and social care organisations in the region.
To achieve the very best in each task we undertake, we believe that commitment to our core values from all our team members and associates is essential. These values underpin all that we do, and we use them every day. Our core values are:
- Integrity (be honest and sincere with a strong moral principle)
- Co- creation (focus on stakeholder experience and promote interactive relationships)
- Inclusivity (embrace the wider health research community)
- Altruism (work for the greater good of the health research community, and ultimately it’s patients and the wider public)
- Humility (be an honest team, recognising the abilities of others)
- Optimism (look towards the future of health research with hope and confidence).
To collectively optimise R&D in terms of personnel and processes, we uphold our values through our five C’s approach, which focuses on building and maintaining the following C’s in health and social care research. Click on a topic to view an example of what we have achieved within each area:
We can help at any stage of the research journey, whether it’s the contemplation of a research career or the completion of a research project. To support development, we aim to fuel people and organisations with a passion for research and help them to connect with like minded people.